|Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent Attorney
|Registered Australian Trade Mark Attorney
|Year of Completion
|Master of Industrial Property
|University of Technology Sydney
|Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
|University of New South Wales
|Mechanical Engineering Certificate
|Sydney Institute of Technology
|Date of Tenure
|Spruson and Ferguson/Shelston IP
|2004 - present
|Intellectual Property Officer
|Mechanical Design Engineer
|Air Climatisation Sales
|1989 - 1990
|The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
|Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
Selected Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) specifications
|PCT Publication Number
|Title of Application
|Air conditioner for a vehicle
|A support leg
|A fluid coupling
|A portable compression device
|Positive pressure vent for a vehicle
Experience and Technical Background
Experienced in the following areas of patent practice:
- Drafting filing and prosecuting patent applications in Australia, and most foreign jurisdictions.
- Filing and prosecuting design applications and design patent applications, in Australia and most foreign jurisdictions.
- Providing patentability and validity opinions.
- Providing strategic advice on development, management, enforcement and defence of patent/design portfolios.
- Substantive prosecution, certification, re-examinations, hearings, validity opinions, and attorney training with respect to patent/designs.
- Providing advice on design portfolio management, and options for managing registered designs to maximize value.
- Coordinating with external lawyers to enforce protection and removal of infringing products from marketplace. Coordinating destruction of infringing products.
- Providing due diligence and IP audits.
- Advising on licensing and other commercialisation issues.
- Conducting novelty, name searching and watching services.
- Internal systems development.
Primary patent practice areas by technology:
- General devices
- Consumer Products
- Medical Devices