|Qualification||Institution||Year of Completion|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Biological Sciences)||Nanyang Technological University||2017|
|Bachelor of Science (Biological Sciences) (Hons)||Nanyang Technological University||2012|
|Position||Organisation/Institution||Date of Tenure|
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow||Nanyang Technological University||May 2017 – June 2021|
Selected Publications – industry/IP specific
|Khong, N. Z., Zeng, Y., Lai, S. K., Koh, C. G., Liang, Z. X., Chiam, K. H., & Li, H. Y. (2021). Dynamic swimming pattern of Pseudomonas aeruginosa near a vertical wall during initial attachment stages of biofilm formation. Scientific reports, 11(1), 1952.|
|Khong, Z. J., Lai, S. K., Koh, C. G., Geifman-Shochat, S., & Li, H. Y. (2020). A novel function of AAA-ATPase p97/VCP in the regulation of cell motility. Oncotarget, 11(1), 74–85.|
|Sheng S, Xin L, Yam JKH, Salido MM, Khong NZJ, Liu Q, Chea RA, Li HY, Yang L, Liang Z-X and Xu L (2019) The MapZ-Mediated Methylation of Chemoreceptors Contributes to Pathogenicity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Front. Microbiol. 10:67.|
Experience and Technical Background
Primary patent practice areas by technology:
A. General technical areas:
- Advanced Microscopy
- Drug discovery
B. Honours research:
- Investigated the role of Kinesin family member 4A (KIF4A) in the proliferation of cancer cells
C. PhD research:
- Identified a novel function of AAA-ATPase p97/VCP in the regulation of cell motility
D. Industry experience:
- Extraction, isolation and characterization of bioactive compounds in locally grown Asian folk medicinal herbs and anti-cancer research of selected active compounds.
- Investigated Host-Pathogen interactions between infectious bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa and mammalian macrophages: How mutant P. aeruginosa evade macrophage phagocytosis.
- DNA content and invasiveness: The correlation between Plasmodium Falciparum nuclear DNA content and parasite invasive capacity.
- Bio-imaging applications of Halide perovskite nanocrystals.