Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
An exciting opportunity is available for an accurate, motivated and reliable Patent Secretary with 2+ years’ experience to join our team on a full-time basis in our Sydney office. Working in the patent section, the successful candidate will provide secretarial assistance and document support to attorneys in the Engineering/ICT team.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Playing an active role in assisting the attorney in maintaining their practice;
- Efficient, accurate and timely preparation of documents and correspondence;
- Managing diaries and critical deadlines;
- Actioning inbound correspondence as appropriate;
- Preparing and distributing invoices;
- Maintaining client portals by uploading documentation and invoices and ensuring the correspondence and data is accurate and up-to-date;
- Assisting with billing and debtor management; and
- Managing expenses and travel/conference arrangements.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, candidates will have:
- At least 2+ years’ experience as a Secretary or similar type role within intellectual property or professional services;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level) particularly Word and Outlook;
- Computer literate and able to learn new systems and implement new processes effectively;
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy;
- Well-developed organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Very reliable and demonstrates initiative;
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude with a keen interest in professional learning, growth and development;
- The ability to problem-solve; and
- The ability to collaborate with staff members to ensure individual and shared goals are met to a high standard with minimal supervision.
What we offer
Spruson & Ferguson offers:
- A supportive and friendly team-based environment with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills;
- A convenient Sydney CBD location (Darling Park) close to public transport with state-of-the-art amenities and a world class concierge service;
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home;
- A flexible dress code that allows employees to dress for their day; and
- Paid parental leave.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking the APPLY button or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.
- Please reference the role you are applying for in the subject line of your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.