A significant opportunity exists for a highly motivated associate level patent attorney, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to join our Engineering/ICT team in our Hong Kong office.
- To design and conduct patent searches and prepare patent clearance and patent invalidity reports;
- To prepare, draft, and review patent application documents;
- To handle clients’ enquires on patent matters; and
- To undertake other patent work as assigned by Principal.
- Bachelor’s degree or above with a major in electrical / mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- Qualified Patent Attorney in Australia, China, Europe, or New Zealand; qualified attorney at law would be a plus;
- Above 5 (preferably above 7) years’ working experience in leading IP agencies or major law firms focusing on patent prosecution, in patent clearance, patent invalidity, patentability evaluations matters for international clients;
- CET-6 or above or equivalent level of English, good written English communication skills; good verbal English communication skills would be a plus;
- Good written and verbal Chinese communications skills would be a plus;
- Good experience/ skills in patent clearance, patent invalidity, patentability evaluations is strongly preferred;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software; and
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of in-house counsel;
- Very close attention to detail and good research skills;
- Ability to accomplish his/her duties and responsibilities with a high degree of autonomy.
How to apply
To progress your professional career with one of Asia-Pacific’s leading patent and trade mark attorney firms, please click the apply now button and forward your written application together with a copy of your curriculum.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Spruson & Ferguson
Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people, includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.