Challenging the validity of patent rights in Australia: options and strategies
Australian patent rights can be challenged on a wide range of grounds throughout the life of a patent, but not all the grounds are available at each stage of a patent’s life cycle, and therefore it is useful to know what options are available and the advantages and disadvantages that come along with each of these options. The most appropriate course of action will depend on a variety of factors, such as: the specifics of the matter and which grounds lend themselves to those specific issues, the commercial objectives, and the costs which are likely to be incurred. There are also a variety of important strategic considerations that can influence the most appropriate course of action to challenge patent rights.
In particular, this webinar will cover:
- the life cycle of a standard Australian patent;
- pre-grant challenges: a) third party observations, b) substantive oppositions (including appeals to a Court) and c) re-examination;
- post-grant challenges: a) re-examination, and b) revocation before the Courts; and
- case studies will be provided.
Session dates and times
- Europe – 18 January, Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM (GMT)
- Japan – 19 January, Wednesday: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (JST)
- Americas – 20 January, Thursday: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (PST) | 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM (EST)
- Asia-Pacific – 8 February, Tuesday: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (AEDT)
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.