Spruson & Ferguson’s Designs Australia team has extensive experience and knowledge in handling design applications for clients in the automobile, engineering, fashion and packaging industries among others.
Registered designs can be a powerful tool for protection against unauthorised copying and become a valuable IP asset in a company’s portfolio. We recognise the importance of registered designs and work closely with our clients to evaluate the key features of their designs and optimise the scope of a design protection.
Over the years Spruson & Ferguson’s designs group has assisted a large number of companies to obtain registered design protection locally and overseas. The group handles design applications for some of the largest companies ranging from auto, engineering, furniture design, homewares, fashion and packaging industries. Together with Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers, the designs team has also acted for various clients in design litigation.
The comprehensive range of registered design services the firm offers includes:
- filing registered design applications
- all aspects of prosecution of designs applications
- conducting design searches
- advice in relation to infringement
- design watches, novelty and infringement searches
- advising on matters and validity of designs registrations
- renewal of design registration
- recording registrable transactions
- international registration of designs
If you would like to know more about designs, please read our Registered Designs FAQs.