Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) play a hugely important role across many industries and they are often leaders in innovation and change in their respective sectors.
Support for these organisations and individuals is crucial to ensure that innovation continues into the future and is supported at all levels of industry.
SMEs face many challenges and hurdles in bringing their products and technologies to the marketplace, particularly concerning the financial and legal aspects of a business. These groups often lack time and the legal knowledge to understand the important processes of commercialisation where they simply want to focus on running their business and keeping track of their bottom line.
- advice on patentability of inventions
- drafting patent specifications across all technologies
- advice on brand creation
- filing and prosecuting patent, design and trade mark applications
- patent, trade mark and design watches, patent and design novelty and infringement searches
- advice on infringement and validity of patents, trade marks and designs
- patent and trade mark opposition proceedings
- trade mark use policing and dedicated trade mark searching services
Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers, through our Commercial Transactions & Advice Team, is able to offer SME clients highly relevant and practical advice in relation to IP protection and commercialisation. We offer the following legal related services to SMEs:
- structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements
- advice on developing strategies and processes to optimise creation, management, protection and exploitation of IP
- formation of start-up and spin-off companies
- facilitating relationships between start-up companies and investors
- advice on investment readiness for high-technology companies
- advice on the regulation of technology products
- performing due diligence and IP audit services.