An exciting opportunity exists for a trainee patent attorney to join our Chemical/Life Sciences team. The ideal candidate will have postgraduate qualifications in chemistry (PhD level) with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and will be open to working in our Brisbane office.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Local and international patent prosecution;
- Drafting patent specifications, opinion work, patent oppositions;
- Maintaining and fostering relationships with local and international clients through high quality service; and
- Local business development and marketing activities with a view to growing into future international business development.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- PhD-level qualifications in chemistry;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- High attention to detail; and
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
What we offer
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience; continuing professional development; the opportunity to work closely with highly motivated and qualified practitioners; a supportive and friendly working environment; challenging work and the opportunity to develop your skills and establish relationships with our local and overseas clients.
How to apply
To progress your professional career with one of Australia’s leading patent and trade mark attorney firms, please click the apply now button to send through your CV and a covering letter.
About Spruson & Ferguson
Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trade marks and designs.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of the publicly listed company IPH Limited – the first intellectual property firm to list on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) in November, 2014.