Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people, includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced Trademark Executive/Paralegal to join our Trade mark team in Malaysia. The main focus of the role will be:
- Preparing official documents for submission to Trade Mark Offices (e.g. trade mark applications/renewals/formalities compliance, conducting trademark searches)
- Monitoring and tracking of crucial deadlines
- Preparing client correspondence and invoices
- General administrative duties
The key requirements for this role will include:
- 5 SPM level passes with credit in English or a certificate in business administration/studies
- Preferably 3 – 5 years’ relevant Trademark work experience in a similar role
- PC literate in MS Office with good word processing skills
- Must be a good team player and be willing to work extra hours if required
- Able to work independently, under pressure and deal tactfully with people at all levels
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal with high volumes of work
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to be flexible
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (both written & spoken)
If you believe your skills and experience are suited to this opportunity, please apply by clicking on the link below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.