Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trademarks and designs
An opportunity is available for an accurate and reliable Trade Mark Data Entry Assistant to join our Trade Mark team on a 13 month full-time fixed term contract working in our Sydney office. The key focus of this role will be to provide administrative and data entry support across a range of Trade Mark functions including but not limited to database maintenance, renewals and docketing. This is a fast paced role, with a high volume of tasks, working to tight deadlines on a daily basis.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Acknowledging and reviewing trade mark applications;
- Data entry of new trade mark applications, matters and takeovers;
- Acknowledging, reviewing and actioning correspondence and instructions from clients;
- Updating the database to accurately reflect changes on official Trade Mark office databases and the filing stages of trade mark applications;
- Producing, amending and preparing application forms, letters and other documentation;
- Clarifying the details of matters to be entered into the database with internal and external parties via written correspondence; and
- Actioning database reminders.
Whilst this role is for a fixed period of 13 months, there is a strong possibility that the contract may be extended for an ongoing period.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, candidates will have:
- At least 1 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or similar type role within professional services;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level) particularly Word and Outlook;
- The ability to focus on repetitive tasks with a high level of concentration;
- A high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail;
- Strong organisational skills to manage own workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a close team with minimal supervision; and
- A team focus with a strong work ethic.
Previous experience in intellectual property is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Spruson & Ferguson offers:
- A supportive and friendly team-based environment with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills;
- A convenient CBD location (Darling Park) close to public transport with state-of-the-art amenities and a world class concierge service;
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home;
- A flexible dress code that allows employees to dress for their day; and
- Paid parental leave.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking the APPLY button. Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.