Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
An opportunity is available for a registered Trade Mark Attorney from Associate to Senior Associate level with at least 3 years’ PQE and a broad range of trade mark registry experience to join our Trade Mark team in our Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney offices.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this opportunity candidates will have:
- At least 3 years’ post qualified experience as a Trade Mark Attorney;
- Be a registered Trade Mark Attorney and/or an admitted lawyer;
- Have a strong understanding of the prosecution process, opposition proceedings and the enforcement of trade mark rights;
- Excellent technical skills;
- Solid research abilities;
- Drive and enthusiasm; and
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
This position offers scope for significant autonomy, continuing professional development and strong prospects for career advancement. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary package including participation in lucrative staff incentive schemes and the opportunity to work closely with highly experienced practitioners across various disciplines and locations (including Asia) servicing the firm’s substantial local and overseas client base.
We offer flexible working arrangements including working from home, a flexible dress code that allows employees to dress for their day and paid parental leave.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking the APPLY button or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.
- Please reference the role you are applying for in the subject line of your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.