Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people, includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
We are looking for an experienced tax and accounting professional to join our finance team based in Singapore. The key requirements of the role are as follows:
- Preparing supporting documents for monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings in SEA region, including reviewing the documents for accuracy.
- Working with nominated professional tax advisory firms in the region to ensure that tax compliance is managed in the relevant jurisdiction/geographical area, covering both local and overseas tax obligations.
- Supporting Regional Financial Controller with managing tax audits and/or tax issues/advice for operational legal entities in the region.
- Liaising with nominated Company Secretaries in the region on compliance matters (ensuring deadlines are met).
- Assisting during financial audit period with audit matters.
- Developing and implementing process improvements.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of tax related general ledger accounts.
- Prior knowledge and experience with transfer pricing and related party transactions will be an advantage.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other degree with equivalent accounting experience
- Tax accounting and provision experience
- 2-5 years of work experience in a CPA firm or MNC
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a team environment and engage in cross-functional collaboration
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
If you believe your skills and experience are suited to this opportunity, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.