Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people, includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
About the role
- To design and conduct patent searches and prepare patent clearance and patent invalidity reports;
- To prepare, draft, and review patent application documents;
- To handle clients’ enquiries on patent matters; and
- To undertake other patent work as assigned by Principal.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above with a major in electrical / mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- Qualified patent attorney in Australia, China, Europe, or New Zealand; qualified attorney at law would be a plus;
- Above 5 (preferably above 7) years’ working experience in leading IP agencies, major law firms, or in-house focusing on patent prosecution, in patent clearance, patent invalidity, patentability evaluations matters for international clients;
- CET-6 or above or equivalent level of English, good written English communication skills; good verbal English communication skills would be a plus;
- Good written and verbal Chinese communications skills would be a plus;
- Good experience/ skills in patent clearance, patent invalidity, patentability evaluation is strongly preferred;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software;
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of in-house counsel;
- Very close attention to detail and good research skills; and
- Ability to accomplish his/her duties and responsibilities with a high degree of autonomy.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the apply now button or email email@example.com.
- Please forward your CV with your current salary, expected salary and availability, along with a covering letter detailing why you would like to apply for the job.
- Please reference the role you are applying for in the subject line of your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.