An exciting opportunity is available for an accurate and motivated Secretary with 3 – 5 years’ experience to join the firm. Working in the Patent section, the successful candidate will provide secretarial support to professional staff in the Engineering/ICT team in Sydney.
- Typing of letters, emails and specifications;
- Co-ordinating meetings;
- Answering calls and taking messages;
- Transcription of dictation using Winscribe;
- Creating, finalising and emailing debit notes using Inprotech;
- Drafting and preparing basic correspondence;
- Diary management including travel and conference arrangements;
- File management;
- Searching and/or obtaining information/specifications from the Internet and/or databases etc. as well as obtaining status reports from IP Australia;
- Uploading Australian Patent Official correspondence to IP Australia using B2B;
- Uploading New Zealand Official correspondence direct to the IPONZ database;
- Document research using WIPO, USPTO, IPONZ and IP Australia databases;
- Photocopying, scanning, collation and proof-reading of documents and retrieving files;
- Producing, amending and preparing documents for lodgement;
- Assisting other members of the Engineering/ICT team when they are overloaded or on leave;
- Liaising with external parties; and
- Billing and client reporting.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, candidates will have:
- Accurate and fast typing (minimum of 55 wpm with a high level of accuracy);
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Secretary or similar type role;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level) particularly Word and Outlook;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a close team with minimal supervision; and
- A team focus with a strong work ethic.
We are conveniently located in the Sydney CBD close to public transport. We offer a supportive and friendly team-based environment with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills.
This is a full-time role based on a 38 hour week working during standard business hours.
How to apply
Don’t delay, take the next step in your career and click the apply now button to send through your resume with a covering letter.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Spruson & Ferguson
Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trade marks and designs.