Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people, includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
About the role
Due to continued growth, an exciting contract opportunity now exists to join a highly experienced, collaborative and outcomes focused Asia-Pacific IT team working closely with the helpdesk and applications team, end users and stakeholders across the region.
We are seeking a Regional IT Support Specialist to join our Infrastructure Team to manage the day to day operations of our network and infrastructure, as well as level two help desk support and project related tasks. The scope includes all infrastructure used by our regional offices, such as networks, servers, databases, devices, user desktops/laptops, virtualisation, phone system, email, etc.
This role will be based in Malaysia and reports to the Head of IT – Asia.
- Provide end user support for day to day PC usage (both applications and infrastructure)
- Serve as a point of contact for internal users seeking technical assistance over the support ticketing system with regards to Infrastructure and Network related issues
- Ensure operational and change processes and architecture principles are being followed strictly
- Assist on projects ensuring the transition from project to BAU support, identifying operational support requirements for new systems/system changes, identify required resources for projects/change requests and ensure consistency in the way IT changes are executed
- May be required to work after hours and weekends on an ad hoc basis depending on business requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum Diploma/Tertiary or professional qualification in Information Technology/Computer Science
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience in Microsoft Windows Desktops, Servers and Networking and Virtualisation technologies
- As this role may at times work closely with our team in greater China, experience working within this region and having the appropriate language skills will be very beneficial.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft 365, Cloud and Virtualisation technology would be ideal.
- Must be comfortable working in a team-based environment as well as being able to work independently.
- Demonstrated collaborative working style, with good interpersonal and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in IT operational processes, Help Desk processes and Infrastructure maintenance
- Knowledge in IT Security and working in a regional role would be advantageous.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking on the link below to submit a cover letter and your
Only Shortlisted candidates will be notified.