Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced Prosecution Administrator to join our Operations team with the main focus of the role covering the following:
- Preparing and editing official documents for submission to patent offices and clients
- Monitoring and tracking of crucial deadlines
- Managing the respective Patent Engineers, Scientists/Associates dockets as well as their Work In Progress Reports.
- Assisting the professional staff in all aspects of the prosecution workflow and willing to put in extra time, if needed, for any urgent work with imminent deadlines.
- Filing of patent forms through Electronic Filing System IP2SG
- General secretarial/administrative duties including preparing invoices
- Attending to ad-hoc urgent matters.
The key requirements for this role will include:
- 5 “O” level passes with credit in English or a secretarial certificate
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in patent administration, including experience using IP2SGm (preferred). Experience in a legal secretary/administrative role would also be considered
- PC literate in MS Office with good word processing skills
- Must be a good team player and be willing to work extra hours if required
- Able to work independently, under pressure and deal tactfully with people at all levels
- Good time management and good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal with high volumes of work whilst working in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to be flexible
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (both written & spoken)
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and are keen to take up these challenges, you are invited to send us your detailed resume using the link below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.