Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
About the role
An exciting opportunity is available for an accurate, motivated and reliable Patent Secretary with 2+ years’ experience to join our team on a full-time basis. Working in the patent section, the successful candidate will provide secretarial assistance and document support to attorneys in the Chemical/Life Sciences team in our Melbourne office.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Formatting, proof reading and finalising documentation;
- Drafting and sending emails;
- Drafting and preparing basic correspondence;
- Preparing debit notes;
- Uploading of documents into client portals;
- Producing, amending and preparing documents for lodgement;
- Co-ordinating meetings; and
- Diary management including travel and conference arrangements.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, candidates will have:
- At least 2+ years’ experience as a Secretary or similar type role within intellectual property or professional services;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level) particularly Word and Outlook;
- Accurate and fast typing (minimum of 55 wpm with a high level of accuracy);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a close team with minimal supervision; and
- A team focus with a strong work ethic.
What we offer
Spruson & Ferguson offers:
- A supportive and friendly team-based environment with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills;
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home;
- A flexible dress code that allows employees to dress for their day; and
- Paid parental leave.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking the APPLY button. Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.