Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 450 people includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
About the role
An opportunity is available for an accurate and reliable Patent Renewals Administrator with 3 – 5 years experience in an administrative support role to join our Patent Renewals team. This is a full-time role based in our Sydney office. The key focus of this role will be to provide administrative and data entry support.
The successful candidate will be required to exercise judgment, set priorities, and balance their workload to manage daily deadlines.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Checking and sorting daily renewals mail;
- Producing and checking daily emails and database diaries;
- Corresponding with overseas agents and clients regarding renewal charges for Australian cases;
- Updating the database with critical information;
- Sending special reminders to clients;
- Preparing tax invoices; and
- Liaising with internal staff
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, candidates will have:
- At least 3 – 5 years experience as an administrative assistant or similar role within professional services;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level) particularly Word and Outlook;
- A high level of accuracy and concentration;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong organisational skills to manage own workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a close team with minimal supervision; and
- A team focus with a strong work ethic.
What we offer
Spruson & Ferguson offers:
- A supportive and friendly team-based environment with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills;
- An opportunity to develop further in your career and broaden your skills and knowledge;
- Work with a dedicated team of experts in your field;
- Hybrid working options are available.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking the APPLY button. Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.