Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
We are expanding in Asia and hiring a qualified patent attorney (chemistry / biology / pharmaceutics) for our China Patent Team for handling various patent-related matters in China.
- To prepare, draft, and review patent application documents;
- To analyze, report and respond to office actions;
- To handle clients’enquires on patent matters;
- To handle or assist Principal in handling patent searches, FTO, patent reexamination, patent invalidation, and patent litigation; and
- To undertake other patent work as assigned by Principal.
Skill and Experience
- Master degree or above with a major in chemistry/ biology / pharmaceutics or equivalent;
- Qualified Patent Attorney in China; qualified Chinese Attorney at law would be a plus;
- CET-6 or above or equivalent level of English, good written English communication skills; good verbal English communication skills would be a great plus;
- Above 5 years’ working experience in leading China IP agencies or major law firms focusing on patent prosecution matters for international clients;
- Good experience/ skills in patent drafting and prosecution activities;
- Good working knowledge of MS office software; and
- Ability to accomplish his/her duties and responsibilities with a high degree of autonomy.
How to Apply
Please click the apply now button or email Recruitment.email@example.com to kick start your professional career.
- Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.
- Please reference the role you are applying for in the subject line of your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.