Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers Pty Limited is a leading, boutique law firm specialising in intellectual property litigation and commercial transactions and advice. It is associated with leading patent and trade mark attorney firm, Spruson & Ferguson Pty Limited, part of the IPH Group. IPH Limited is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
An opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and motivated Paralegal with at least one year’s experience to join our team working on a full-time basis.
This position will report to the Head of Legal (via Senior Associates) and is suitable for a part-time law student with at least one year of study to complete.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Legal research;
- Conducting online searches;
- Preparing briefs to counsel and other court documents;
- Preparing simple legal agreements;
- Assisting professional and support staff;
- Dealing with Court Registries and Government authorities;
- Market place enquiries; and
- Assisting the administration of projects from time to time.
This role is based in the Sydney office.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, applicants will have:
- At least one year of experience in a similar role;
- Excellent legal research skills;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, including file maintenance and managing and meeting deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a close team with minimal supervision;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level); and
- A strong work ethic and keen interest to learn.
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to work and learn from highly skilled practitioners in a small team environment whilst gaining relevant practical experience.
How to apply
To progress your professional career with one of the leading IP law firms, please forward your CV along with a covering letter and a copy of your academic transcript to email@example.com.