A significant opportunity exists for a highly motivated associate level patent attorney, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to join our Engineering/ICT team in either our Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney offices.
We are seeking a Registered Australian/New Zealand patent attorney with a mechanical engineering degree.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Using technical expertise to interpret and analyse specifications, drawings, standards, regulations, technical literature and related products and processes;
- Assisting in interviewing inventors and drafting technical descriptions of inventions and industrial designs;
- Performing searches;
- Analysing searches and search results regarding inventions and designs, including examination reports issued by government patent and designs offices, and assisting in advising clients in relation thereto; and
- Preparing correspondence for submission to government patent and designs offices in the pursuit of patent and design protection for clients IP protection.
The position offers scope for significant autonomy and continuing professional development. We also offer the opportunity to work closely with highly experienced practitioners across servicing the firm’s substantial local and overseas client base.
Qualifications, skills and experience
To be considered for this opportunity candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification in mechanical engineering or a degree in an equivalent discipline;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills; and
- Minimum three years’ patent attorney experience.
What we offer
As well as offering strong prospects for career and salary advancement, we offer a competitive salary package along with the possibility of attractive staff incentive plans.
How to apply
To progress your professional career with one of Australia’s leading intellectual property firms, please click the apply now button to send through your resume and a covering letter.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Spruson & Ferguson
Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trade marks and designs.