We are seeking a reliable and proactive Legal Secretary with 3 – 5 five years’ experience to join a fast-paced team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing solid secretarial and administrative support to a small team working across both litigation and trade marks. This is a full-time role based in our Sydney office.
This role is ideal for an intermediate Legal Secretary who is a team player with a can-do attitude, looking to further develop their legal skills whist working with a friendly and busy environment.
- Preparation of court documentation and briefs to counsel;
- Drafting basic correspondence;
- Processing incoming emails;
- File and diary management including opening and closing files and preparing files for meetings;
- Preparing presentations using PowerPoint;
- Liaising with external parties including barristers and agencies;
- Transcribing using digital dictation (Winscribe);
- Administrative tasks including making travel arrangements, expense management, preparing schedules, conducting ASIC searches and undertaking conflict checks;
- Photocopying, scanning and collating; and
- Billing and timesheet recording
Qualifications, skills and experience
To be considered for this position, candidates will have:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar type role;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate level);
- A minimum typing speed of 65 wpm;
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a close team with minimal supervision;
- Solid organisational skills and an adaptable and professional attitude;
- The ability to manage own workload and meet critical deadlines; and
- Motivated and proactive with a strong and committed work ethic.
Litigation experience is preferred but not essential.
What we offer
We offer the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their skills whilst gaining knowledge in IP law and taking full ownership of their role and responsibilities.
We are conveniently located 5 minutes from Town Hall station in the Darling Park complex.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career by clicking the apply now button to send through your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Spruson & Ferguson
Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers is an established boutique law firm specialising in intellectual property litigation and technology commercialisation. Its associated firm, Spruson & Ferguson Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys, is one of the leading intellectual property service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.