Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trademarks and designs.
An opportunity is available for an accurate and reliable Junior Docketing Administrator with one years’ administrative experience to join our Patent Docketing team on a full-time basis in our Sydney office. The key focus of this role will be to provide data entry support in a fast paced role, with a high volume of tasks, working to tight deadlines on a daily basis.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Investigating and correcting discrepancies in the database;
- Policing and managing data relating to deadlines;
- Generating and distributing daily policing reminders;
- Reviewing incoming correspondence against the database, data entry of key dates and forwarding the correspondence for action to the relevant internal department;
- Creating and updating client accounts and case data; and
- Liaising with clients via email and other internal departments.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, candidates will have:
- At least 1 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or similar type role within professional services;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level) particularly Word and Outlook;
- The ability to focus on repetitive tasks with a high level of concentration;
- A high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail;
- Strong organisational skills to manage own workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a close team with minimal supervision; and
- A team focus with a strong work ethic.
Previous experience in intellectual property is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Spruson & Ferguson offers:
- A supportive and friendly team-based environment with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills;
- A convenient CBD location (Darling Park) close to public transport with state-of-the-art amenities and a world class concierge service;
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home;
- A flexible dress code that allows employees to dress for their day; and
- Paid parental leave.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking the APPLY button. Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.