Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers Pty Limited is a leading, boutique law firm specialising in intellectual property litigation and commercial transactions and advice. It is associated with leading patent and trade mark attorney firm, Spruson & Ferguson Pty Limited, part of the IPH Group. IPH Limited is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
We are seeking a lawyer with at least two years’ post-admission experience (preferably in intellectual property litigation or commercial litigation) to join our firm. The lawyer will ideally have had exposure to patent, trade mark (including related ACL) and copyright litigation and ideally have gained their experience in a medium or large size firm.
The position would be suited to a lawyer who enjoys high calibre IP litigation, who is looking for a smaller firm environment with “blue chip” clients and more hands-on responsibility for matters.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- assisting in all aspects of litigation;
- advising clients on the protection and enforcement of IP rights;
- preparing and drafting evidence;
- drafting commercial and IP agreements;
- briefing and instructing counsel at interlocutory and final hearings; and
- appearing before the Federal Court of Australia for hearings.
The position is for either the Sydney or Melbourne Office.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role, applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- minimum two years’ post-admission experience in intellectual property litigation (or commercial litigation);
- excellent technical skills with a strong client focus;
- excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, including file maintenance and managing and meeting deadlines;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- a positive approach with a can-do attitude; and
- the ability to work autonomously and within a team.
This is an excellent opportunity offering scope for growth and development with career advancement in a very busy IP practice with leading Australian and multinational clients. The successful candidate will work closely with highly motivated and qualified practitioners in a friendly and supportive team environment.
How to apply
To progress your professional career with one of the leading IP law firms, please forward your CV along with a covering letter and academic transcript to email@example.com.