An exciting opportunity is available for a dynamic and engaging all round Financial Accountant to undertake a broad range of duties within our Finance team on a full-time basis.
To be considered for this role candidates will be near completion of the CA/CPA program and should have excellent attention to detail and a willingness to work as a team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- General Ledger maintenance including Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet items for the entities within the Group;
- Month end reconciliations including Bank Reconciliations of AUD and Foreign Currency bank accounts;
- Process Consolidation and Elimination journals;
- Reconcile Intercompany Loan Balances;
- Prepare and lodge BAS returns for the entities within the Group;
- Prepare Monthly Management Reports including detailed analysis of variances between Actual versus Budget;
- Prepare FBT returns;
- Prepare Annual Payroll Tax and Workers Compensation reconciliations;
- Prepare yearly Budget and update Monthly Forecast;
- Attend to WIP writes offs, Transfers and Adjustments;
- Cashflow forecasting & management;
- Liaise with external auditors; and
- Ad hoc project work as directed by the Finance Manager and/or IPH Limited.
You will be assisting the Finance Manager in improving processes, internal controls, driving change and meeting strict deadlines.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in technical accounting, consolidation and statutory reporting obtained in a corporate environment;
- Proficiency with Excel at an Intermediate/Advanced level;
- Experience with Hyperion or a similar reporting system;
- Good working knowledge of financial statements;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication, self-management and organisational skills; and
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work with conflicting time constraints.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to learn and develop whilst gaining practical experience to assist with their studies. We offer a friendly team environment and a great CBD location.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career by clicking the apply now button to send through your resume and a covering letter.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Spruson & Ferguson
Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trade marks and designs.