An exciting opportunity is available for a dynamic and engaging all round Financial Accountant to undertake a broad range of duties within our Finance team on a full-time basis.
To be considered for this role candidates will be CA/CPA qualified and should have excellent attention to detail and a willingness to work as a team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform the role of an Accountant (Including Trust Accounting) for our Lawyers division Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers;
- Month end reconciliations including Bank Reconciliations of AUD and Foreign Currency bank accounts; Leases; Fixed Asset Register, etc;
- Process Consolidation and Elimination journals; Overheads and other month end allocation journals;
- Prepare Month end Management packs including Budget v/s Actual variance analysis and comments
- Prepare and lodge annual Payroll Tax, FBT Returns and Workers Compensation Declarations for the entities within the Group;
- Prepare yearly Spruson & Ferguson Budget and update Monthly Forecast;
- Attend to WIP writes offs, Transfers and Adjustments and Debit Notes cancellations;
- Review of GL transactions and coding;
- Liaise with external auditors;
- Ad hoc project work as directed by the Finance Manager and/or IPH Limited.
You will be assisting the Finance Manager in improving processes, internal controls, driving change and meeting strict deadlines.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in technical accounting and have had a hands role in a corporate environment;
- Proficiency with Excel at an Intermediate/Advanced level;
- Budget and Forecast Experience;
- Good working knowledge of financial statements;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication, self-management and organisational skills; and
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work with conflicting time constraints.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to learn and develop whilst gaining practical experience to assist with their studies. We offer a friendly team environment and a great CBD location.How to applyTake the next step in your career and apply now by forwarding your resume with a covering letter by email to email@example.com.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Spruson & Ferguson
Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trade marks and designs.