Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates, and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
About the role
Spruson & Ferguson is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide professional, confidential, and efficient support to the Managing Director in our Sydney office.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced company and play an important role in its success!
Our company is committed to creating a flexible work environment and we are offering hybrid work options for this position. We welcome individuals who are looking to work in a flexible and collaborative environment.
- Work alongside the leader of the business and have the opportunity to be an integral part of executing the company’s daily operations activities;
- Provide a range of comprehensive executive support including, inbox and calendar management, domestic and international travel arrangements;
- Prepare correspondence, Board and Senior Leadership reports, presentations and other documents as required;
- Handle confidential information with discretion and diplomacy;
- Monitor and track activities and deadlines, ensuring that tasks are completed in an effective and timely manner;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, managing relationships with tact and professionalism;
- Coordinate meetings including booking facilities, organising catering, preparing rooms for meetings, and distributing agenda and relevant papers to attendees ahead of the meetings;
- Prepare minutes of meetings attended, and circulate the documents to the relevant parties;
- Financial and business acumen to effectively support the Managing director with reporting requirements and proactively assist by anticipating scheduled deadlines;
- Process all expense claims and credit card reconciliations for the Managing Director in a timely manner;
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Operations, including managing travel and accommodation arrangements where required;
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PowerBI;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to think proactively and prioritise work
- Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to use this skill to support the reporting requirements effectively;
- Exceptional time management skills with multi-tasking ability and superior attention to detail;
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain professionalism whilst liaising with senior leaders and external parties under challenging circumstances;
- The ability to act on initiative and effectively influence/communicate at all levels within the business;
- The ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, discretion, tact, and diplomacy;
- An adaptable, flexible, and ‘can-do’ attitude; and
- Previous experience working in a Public Company and the Company Secretarial function is essential.
What we offer
Spruson & Ferguson offers a wide range of benefits aimed at supporting our employee’s ongoing development, including but not limited to;
- Equitable salary packaging;
- Flexible working for all employees;
- Parental leave for all genders;
- Learning & Development opportunities, and;
- Health and well-being programs.
Spruson & Ferguson is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect to enable us all to feel valued and be the best we can be.
How to apply
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We remain committed to providing reasonable and fair adjustments to provide a positive, barrier free, transparent recruitment process and supportive workplace.
If this role sounds like a great fit, apply now with your updated resume and covering letter introducing yourself and why this role is right for you.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.