Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 130 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 400 people includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
Spruson & Ferguson is a subsidiary of IPH Limited, the first IP services group to list on the ASX.
About the role
An opportunity is available for a registered Trans-Tasman patent attorney specialising in biotechnology from Associate to Senior Associate level to join our Chemical/Life Sciences team in Brisbane.
The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting and prosecuting patent applications, advising clients in relation to patent portfolio management, infringement and patentability issues, as well as assisting in patent oppositions and/or patent litigation.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this opportunity candidates will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in Biotechnology (PhD level);
- Experience in a broad range of patent attorney work including drafting of patent specifications, assisting with prosecution and opposition work and providing infringement and validity opinions;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Drive and enthusiasm; and
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
What we offer
The position offers scope for significant autonomy, continuing professional development and the opportunity to work closely with highly experienced practitioners across various disciplines servicing the firm’s substantial local and overseas client base.
As experience and skills grow, as well as offering strong prospects for career and salary advancement, we offer a competitive salary package along with the possibility of participation in staff incentive plans.
We offer flexible working arrangements including working from home, a flexible dress code that allows employees to dress for their day and paid parental leave.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking the APPLY button or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.
- Please reference the role you are applying for in the subject line of your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.