Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trade marks and designs.
An opportunity is available for an accurate and reliable Accounts Payable Officer with 3 – 5 years’ experience to join our Finance team in our Sydney office. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the core responsibility for this role is managing and processing local invoices and payments. The successful candidate will have very strong organisational skills as well as the ability to work autonomously and use their initiative.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Daily data entry of invoices including coding, scanning and filing;
- Preparing and processing local and foreign electronic transfers and payments;
- Preparing pay run reports;
- Reconciliation of statements and responding to suppliers;
- Reconciliation of company bank accounts;
- Maintaining Aged Creditor Listings so that they are up to date;
- Attending to queries sent to the Finance shared email account;
- Posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records;
- Processing official lodgement fees paid to local and foreign government agencies;
- Managing payments and records for all domestic and international memberships for professional staff;
- Management of petty cash including posting, reconciliation and top up including foreign currencies;
- Processing employee expense reimbursements;
- Management of corporate credit cards within Concur; and
- Liaising with various banks in relation to payments.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar type role within a professional services environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (Intermediate level);
- Solid knowledge of accounting systems and experience in bulk payments and bank file uploads;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication, self-management and organisational skills;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A strong customer service orientation;
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with a willingness to go the extra mile;
- A team player with tact and the ability to get along well with others; and
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work with conflicting time constraints.
Experience using Concur is preferred but not essential.
We are conveniently located in the Sydney CBD in the Darling Park complex which is only a short walk from Town Hall station. We offer a supportive and friendly team-based environment with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills.
This is a full-time role based on a 38 hour week however, the successful candidate may apply for a flexible working from home arrangement after they have completed their probation period.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by clicking the APPLY button. Please include your resume and a cover letter that outlines your eligibility for the role in your application.