An opportunity is available for an accurate and reliable Accounts Payable Officer with 3 – 5 years’ experience to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the core responsibility for this role is managing and processing foreign invoices and payments. The successful candidate will have very strong organisational skills as well as the ability to work autonomously and use their initiative.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Daily data entry of invoices including coding, scanning and filing;
- Preparing and processing electronic transfers and payments;
- Preparing monthly pay run reports;
- Reconciliation of statements and responding to our Associates and suppliers;
- Reallocation of disbursements;
- Attending to queries sent to the Finance shared email account;
- Processing intercompany account reconciliations;
- Posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records;
- Attending to staff queries with respect to disbursements, foreign exchange rates and conversions etc.;
- Liaising with Accounts Receivable staff to process offsets for Debtors and Associates; and
- Liaising with various banks in relation to payments.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar type role within a professional services environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (Intermediate level);
- Solid knowledge of accounting systems and experience in bulk payments and bank file uploads;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication, self-management and organisational skills;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A strong customer service orientation;
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with a willingness to go the extra mile;
- A team player with tact and the ability to get along well with others; and
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work with conflicting time constraints.
What we offer
Our office is conveniently located in the CBD and only a short walk from Town Hall station. We offer a friendly team based working environment.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and click the Apply Now button to send through your resume and cover letter.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Spruson & Ferguson
Spruson & Ferguson is a leading intellectual property firm committed to providing a fully integrated service for the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of all forms of intellectual property including patents, trade marks and designs.