About Spruson & Ferguson and the role
Spruson & Ferguson is one of the leading intellectual property (IP) service firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. We have more than 128 years of experience providing a variety of services in the protection, commercialisation, enforcement and management of IP from our offices in Sydney, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Jakarta and a representative office in Shanghai. Our multidisciplinary team of more than 300 people, includes some of the most highly regarded IP professionals in the Asia-Pacific region. The team services a diverse client base of Fortune Global 500 companies, SMEs, public sector research organisations, foreign associates and local clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated administration clerk to join the Trade Mark department. This is a newly created position working across different sections of the trade mark team. It’s an important role, and one in which the candidate will be able to showcase and develop their administrative and organisational skills.
The role is a full-time position based in our Sydney office. It would suit a candidate who is in the early years of their career in administration, looking to continue to develop their skills in a supportive and collaborative team environment. Extensive training will be given to the right candidate.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- General database entry duties;
- Reviewing and actioning emails and letters received from clients relating to change of instructors;
- Preparing cost estimates for the renewal of trade marks; and
- Drafting correspondence.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative role;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel, some database experience would be valuable however not essential;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail; and
- High motivation, initiative, a willingness to learn and a ‘can do’ attitude.
How to apply
Take the next step in your career and apply now by sending your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.