When required, our trade mark attorneys work with Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers whose depth of experience in IP litigation is unparalleled in Australia.
Our litigation team has extensive experience in pursuing and defending proceedings for trade mark infringement, passing off and misleading and deceptive conduct. Our team has been instrumental in clarifying the law in a significant number of landmark decisions in the High Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia. Our litigation work includes dispute resolution, court and domain registrar proceedings to restrain and/or defend actions for:
- the infringement of trade marks;
- breaches of the Australian Consumer Law for misleading or deceptive conduct and related common law rights;
- where others have adopted similar trade marks, products or packaging;
- breaches of confidence or disclosure of trade secrets;
- general commercial disputes; and
- challenging the validity of monopoly rights to enable clients to manufacture or sell products or use trade marks that they would otherwise be prevented from selling or using.