Spruson & Ferguson’s designs team have extensive experience and knowledge in handling design applications for clients in automotive, engineering, consumer product, medical device, fashion and packaging industries among others.
Registered designs are a powerful tool for protection against unauthorised copying and are a valuable IP asset in a company’s IP portfolio. We recognise the importance of registered designs and work closely with our clients to evaluate the key features of their designs and optimise the scope of design protection to maximise a design monopoly.
Over the years Spruson & Ferguson’s designs group has assisted a large number of companies to obtain registered design protection locally and overseas. The group handles design applications for some of the largest companies from automotive, engineering, furniture design, homewares, fashion and packaging industries.
The comprehensive range of registered design services the firm offers includes:
- filing registered design applications
- all aspects of prosecution of designs applications
- conducting design searches
- advice in relation to infringement
- design watches and infringement searches
- advising on matters and validity of designs registrations
- renewal of design registration
- recording registrable transactions
- international registration of designs
Our team provides designs services throughout Australia, New
Zealand, the Pacific Islands and the Asian region.