About the Company
Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers Pty Limited is a leading, boutique law firm specialising in intellectual property litigation and commercial transactions and advice. It is associated with leading patent and trade mark attorney firm, Spruson & Ferguson Pty Limited, part of the IPH Group. IPH Limited is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
We are seeking a lawyer with two or more years’ experience in intellectual property litigation to join our firm. The lawyer will ideally have exposure to patent litigation and ideally have gained their experience in a medium or large size firm.
The position would be suited to a lawyer who enjoys high calibre IP litigation particularly in the patent area, who is looking for a smaller firm environment with “blue chip” clients and more hands on responsibility for matters.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- conducting all aspects of litigation;
- advising clients on the protection and enforcement of IP rights;
- preparing and drafting evidence;
- briefing and instructing counsel at interlocutory and final hearings; and
- appearing before the Federal Court of Australia for hearings.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role, applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- two or more years’ experience in IP Litigation;
- excellent technical skills with a strong client focus;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- a positive approach with a can-do attitude; and
- the ability to work autonomously and within a team.
What we offer
This is an excellent opportunity offering scope for growth and development with significant autonomy and career advancement in a very busy IP practice with leading Australian and multinational clients.
The successful candidate will work closely with highly motivated and qualified practitioners in a friendly and supportive team environment. A competitive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidate, including access to incentive plans, after probation.
How to apply
To progress your professional career with one of the leading IP law firms, please forward your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.