Spruson & Ferguson Lawyers was the first law firm in Australia to specialise exclusively in IP law and is widely recognised for its expertise in trade marks, patents, designs and copyright law. It has been involved in many ground-breaking Australian IP cases.
We act for a large number of local and international companies across a broad range of industries including information technology, telecommunications, mining, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and consumer products. Many of our clients are referred by other patent attorney firms or by law firms with a more general practice who recognise the need for specialist IP services.
We provide IP litigation and commercial legal services in Australia including:
- IP litigation and dispute resolution
- challenging the validity of monopoly rights
- advice on IP ownership
- breaches of confidence and misleading conduct actions
- IP licensing and technology transfer
- structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements relating to research and development and joint venture opportunities
- due diligence and IP audit services
- establishment and structuring of new entities and corporate groups
- advice on product offering, including advice on the Australia Consumer Law, regulation of labelling requirements and privacy
- dispute resolution of business and domain names.